What is it?
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a racing game developed and published by Nintendo. Originally released on the Wii U in 2014, it was ported to the Switch in 2017. Mario and a slew of Nintendo characters face one another off in races around the Mushroom Kingdom and beyond.
- Flashy visuals, fluorescent colours, and fantastic map designs
- Battle Mode has many awesome game modes
- Oodles of replayability, with additional settings to aid newcomers
- Diverse soundtrack of catchy, loveable tunes
- Only one unlockable character, the rest are car parts
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the best title in the franchise. The amount of maps, playable characters, and customizable vehicle parts on offer is staggering. Races are chaotic fun against bots, with friends or online. The same can be said about the revamped and polished Battle Mode, which comes with a slew of fantastic twists and game changing rules. It would’ve been fun to unlock characters, since they’re all available from the get-go, but that’s really just a minor nitpick at this point.
One of the biggest reasons to get a Switch is because of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, a truly magical racing title that everyone will enjoy.